Just wishing everyone a Very Happy New Year and hope that 2009 is a fruitful time for all quilters , other stitchers and fabric artists of any persuasion!
It has been a lovely quiet time since Christmas day-------a birthday for me with a good evening with our son and his girlfriend to celebrate.
I am working on the embroidery piece for the WRI and will post a photo of it when all the "flat" areas are stitched.
One of my Christmas gifts was the book by RaNae Merrill "Simply Amazing Spiral Quilts". I have never been much of a paper piecer but this book will inspire me to try! The ideas are amazing and I look forward to having a go.
I have also signed up for the 2009 BQL challenge which I look forward to. To quote another we have gone from being Bag Ladies to being Calendar Girls---more of which throughout the year!
BTW as a co-incidence I got the DVD of the film as a Christmas gift which could be a good omen!
So my sewing theme for the year seems mapped out ;-)
2 comments:
Hi Elma,
Belated happy Birthday! Thank you for dropping by my blog. You are right about Patsy's free motion quilting designs. I look forward to seeing your embroidery piece. Paper piecing is cool I think you will enjoy it.
Best wishes for 2009.
Happy Belated Birthday from me too. I don't quite know how I overlooked this posting before now, but Happy New Year to you too! I'm glad the sewing is sorted out for 2009. Sounds like you might be busy. Take care.
Post a Comment