Saturday, 21 March 2009

Didn't we do well--------------!!!


Today was the Renfrewshire Federation Show of the SWRI and our Branch here in Lochwinnoch won the Handicraft Table Alcove----see the first picture "A Touch of Spring", we also won 3rd for the "foursomes" "Carnival" see the second picture. I was responsible for the invitation part of it. These two classes are group efforts.
Much to my astonishment my embroidered picture won the Curran Cup for embroidery. So all these hours spent stitching my "S is for Spring" paid off!! This is the first time I have entered such a thing so I am feeling quite chuffed!!

2 comments:

The WestCountryBuddha said...

Oh I say, well done you! A cup too! Just keep it up that's all I can say.

Tracey said...

Hi Elma - I saw your note about applique via BQswap ... I think the lady you mean is Patricia Mccloghlin. I'm not on Bql so couldn't reply directly to the list but saw your blog addy at the bottom of the note.

This is her web link
http://www.patriciapictorialquilts.btinternet.co.uk/index.html